Dine with us at Blackwell House
We love our food; and we are passionate about cooking, no matter what we serve to our many guests we want to provide the tastiest food using best of local produce in season.
We want you to feel at home at our table enjoying fine food and great hospitality using the best ingredients Northern Ireland can offer. Our menus are a mixture of wholesome traditional family recipes handed down through three generations – we still have Great Aunt Maggie’s old hand written cookery books – and food cooked with a modern twist on our darling Aga Stove.
We use free range eggs from our own hens together with award winning meat and vegetables from local farmers to ensure that whatever the occasion we will do our best to provide you with superb menus tailored to suit, with the emphasis on excellent food and very relaxed, private surroundings.
The Blackwell House Afternoon Tea
Our Guest Complimentary Afternoon Tea On Arrival
For The Colonial Room & The Blue Room Guests
(between 3.00 and 4.30pm)
On arrival each of our guests can expect to be offered a complimentary cream tea either in the sitting room or garden room, with sumptuous homemade scones and jam.
Occasion Afternoon Tea
Everyone, guest or non-guest, is welcome to enjoy afternoon tea at Blackwell house. If you have a special occasion that you would like to make even more special, Joyce will make this happen. Relax in peaceful surroundings enjoying our full Afternoon Tea menu, including our local Thompson’s Tea selection, a variety of sandwiches, homemade cakes and fresh homemade scones with jam & cream.
Please call us for full details or a gift voucher: 00 (44) 2838 832752
3 Course Seasonal Menu with Tea & Coffee to finish
Served around 7 – 7:30pm
£49 per person
Hosted by Joyce and Steve, you can relax into a evening of being cared for and taste our passion for cooking with a dinner at Blackwell House.
We are passionate about providing the freshest and tastiest food, taking particular care in sourcing the best local produce available each day. We aim to reflect the changing seasons in our dinner menus and use our own free range eggs, meats from the award winning Quails Butchers, locally grown vegetables and NI dairy produce.
For special occasions or added romance enjoy a candle lit dinner for two in our garden room, just let us know.
Homemade soup, sandwiches and cakes are available and picnic lunches may be provided on request.
The Blackwell House Breakfast
We encourage our guests to relax with a leisurely breakfast in our dining room, but also cater for busy people who need to make a quick getaway.
We use only the best and freshest ingredients from local producers and of course our own free range eggs collected from the hens each morning, bread made on Great Aunt Maggie’s 100 year old griddle and Joyce’s home made preserves.
Our breakfast menu offers a selection of hot dishes, which Joyce makes to order on the Aga Stove, including the traditional Ulster Fry and a cold buffet including cereals, fresh fruit and yoghurt, home baked breads and seasonal specials, like Summer pancakes with Creme Fraiche, fresh strawberries and Maple Syrup.
A Sample of Our Breakfast Menu
From the Breakfast Bar:
- Orange or Grapefruit juice – freshly squeezed on request
- Selection of Cereals including Joyce’s luxury toasted granola … served with skimmed, semi-skimmed or soya milk
- Freshly prepared fruit platter
- Organic Natural or Greek style honey Yoghurt
- Irish Breads freshly baked by Joyce on the Aga Stove
- Joyce’s homemade preserves and local honey
Served to your table:
- Selection of Teas & Coffee
- Choice of: Toast White or Wholemeal Bread, Warm Croissants or Danish pastry
Made to order at the stove:
- Blackwell House Free Range Eggs cooked any way you like them (from our chickens in the meadow) … Omelette made to your liking … Boiled egg with soldiers …Poached eggs served on toasted soda bread
- Traditional Ulster Breakfast: with Award Winning Thick Pork Sausage, Moyallon Dry Cure Back Bacon, Black &White Puddings, Tomato, Free-Range Egg (Fried, Scrambled or Poached), Pancake, Soda Bread and Potato Bread (Vegetarian Breakfast made to order)
- Irish Smoked Haddock served with poached free range eggs
- Freshly baked griddle Pancakes served with Butter, Lemon, Honey, Maple Syrup or Bacon
- Local Whites Porridge Served with Cream and Honey (or whiskey)
We make every effort to use only the best and freshest ingredients from Co-Down in our breakfasts, and to source as much as we can directly from the producers to minimise food miles.